As part of your application for insurance, a brief medical report about you is required. This report will be completed by a professional examiner from our office in the comfort of your home or office, whichever is most convenient for you. You can be assured that APPS examiners are trained medical professional who will handle your exam in a courteous and discreet manner. Our services are performed at no cost to you. The insurance company pays all fees and expenses.
Watch a short video about preparing for an exam.
• Have your physicians' names and addresses available as well as dates and reasons for past visits, especially those within the last five years
• Be sure to tell your paramedical examiner about any prescription or over-the-counter medication you are taking
• Get a good night's rest before the exam
• Drink a glass of water one hour prior to the appointment to facilitate providing a urine specimen
• Prior to the appointment avoid strenuous activity or exercise for 2 hours; smoking for 1 hour; alcoholic beverages for 24 hours; and caffeine for 2 hours
• If fasting is required, you will be notified when the appointment is scheduled
• Have your driver’s license or other picture ID available
• Wear a garment that is short sleeved or has sleeves that can be easily rolled up
• If you may require a large blood pressure cuff tell the examiner when scheduling the appointment
• If you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment, please notify your examiner or our office as soon as possible